Every fashion season comes with excitement and new expectations for looks that will give you a leg up in style. You don’t have to spend a fortune this season to look your very best.
This fall’s top fashion colors include purple, blue, red, orange, green, and of course black. Wear your favorite of these colors head-to-toe, or mix and match them as you like.
The color-blocking trend has returned in a fresh, new way. Rather than opt for contrasting colors, select a couple or more shades of the same hue. Navy blue and teal give you the richness you want with the warmth that is in style this season.
Color-blocking matches to take you into fall:
- Red and fuchsia
- Bright orange and peach
- Cobalt and turquoise
- Brown and khaki
- Caramel and tan
- Black and gray
- Tomato red and brick
- Black and navy
- Black and dark cherry
Black and White
Black and white find a way into the fashion color palette every season, and this fall is no different. Look for fresh ways to wear these neutrals that will go with everything in your closet.
Ways to wear black and white this fall:
- Color block with classic black and white with a white top and black bottom
- Wear head-to-toe black or white with a different colored belt, bag or shoes for accent.
- Choose black and white print pieces to pair with gray.
Look for plaids, tartans, hound’s-tooth and checkerboards to keep your look on-trend. Natural leafy and subtle floral prints in this season’s colors add additional interest to solid pieces.
Don’t be afraid to mix and match prints, but before you leave home, try on the outfit and take a long look in a full-length mirror to make sure you have the look you want. Here are some ways you can successfully mix prints and patterns:
- If one print is in a bold color, keep the other in a neutral hue.
- Keep both prints in the same color family.
- Mix a large print with a similar print that is smaller.
- Keep the eye moving with florals and stripes.
This season, add as much variety of texture to your outfit as you like. You may choose to start with soft fabrics and add one single textured piece to showcase, or you can mix several textures for a more dramatic look. Texture includes the way the item feels as well as how it looks. An animal print has the look of the skin, while a snakeskin shoe gives you this season’s “feel.” The key is to wear your fashion with confidence.
Ways to mix and match textures:
- Wear a nubby sweater over a silk top.
- Pair a snakeskin or embossed handbag with a leather or suede jacket.
- Slither into snakeskin shoes and glide into a beaded sweater.
As cooler weather approaches, enjoy a variety of colors and textures. Go full fashion head-to-toe, or start with the basics and add a trendy piece for this season’s style.